Microturbine Search Engine Series
Capstone Turbine Publications search was updated real-time via Filemaker on:Capstone Turbine Publications | Return to Search List
Search Completed | Title | Hospitality The Royal Playa del Carmen & Gran Porto Real Hotels
Original File Name Searched: CS_CAP432_The_Royal_Playa_del_Carmen_and_Gran_Porto_Real.pdf | Google It | Yahoo | Bing
Text | Hospitality The Royal Playa del Carmen & Gran Porto Real Hotels | 001
The Royal Playa del Carmen & Gran Porto Real Hotels
The luxurious Royal Playa del Carmen and Gran Porto Real hotels – which sit on a protected stretch of swim-friendly beach just steps from the popular Playa del Carmen’s famed 5th Avenue and its trendy shops, restaurant and night clubs – faced increased energy costs due to management’s decision to begin heating their pools.
In 2010, as part of its energy savings initiatives, management of the 5-star hotels decided to install a new power supply that was reliable, efficient and could lower both energy costs and emissions. The decision to choose a Capstone clean-and-green C1000 Power Package® was obvious.
“As part of our energy savings plans and with an additional need to begin warming our pools for better guest comfort, we reviewed possible energy technologies,” said Samuel Zarate, Corporate Maintenance Director of Real Resorts Group.
“We considered installing additional generators for peak generation plus solar energy for heating of the pools,” Zarate
said. “But when we learned that the C1000 could lower our energy consumption while provide us with additional services – such as hot water and steam for laundry services – by utilizing waste heat, we knew we had found the answer we were looking for.”
The 44,329-square-meter (477,153-square-foot) Royal Playa
del Carmen hotel features 513 guest rooms and suites while the 8,760-square-meter (94,291-square-foot) Gran Porto Real hotel has 287 rooms. With an annual average occupancy of over 90 percent, finding a system that lowered energy consumption and that also provided hot water and steam for the 24-hour laundry facility was a huge bonus.
In late 2011, Enerxpert SA de CV., Capstone’s local distributor, installed an onsite CCHP system consisting of a liquid propane-fueled
At a glance
Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, Mexico
Liquid Propane (propane-butane mix).
• One Capstone C1000 Dual Mode Power Package in a combined cooling, heating and power (CCHP) application.
• 4,076 MBTU/hr heat exchanger.
• 150-ton absorption chiller.
• The Royal Playa del Carmen and Gran Porto Real hotels, owned and operated by Real Resorts Group, located in the Riviera Maya.
• Exhaust heat is captured to provide steam and hot water for the hotels’ facilities, including a 24-hour laundry facility and to heat two large pools to a comfortable 28–31°C (82–88°F).
• System provides the hotels with 40% of their electrical needs and 100 refrigeration tons (RT) of cooling.
• Energy consumption at the hotels has been lowered by almost 25%.
• A Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system allows for operators to monitor the CCHP plant 24/7 both locally and remotely, facilitating preventive maintenance actions.
• C1000 saves The Royal Playa del Carmen hotel an estimated $450,000 to $500,000 Mexican pesos a month.
Image | Hospitality The Royal Playa del Carmen & Gran Porto Real Hotels
|Capstone Turbine For Sale - Microturbine C30 C65 C200 C600 C800 C1000 - Go to microturbine website|
Search Engine Contact: email@example.com