Microturbine Search Engine Series
Capstone Turbine Publications search was updated real-time via Filemaker on:Capstone Turbine Publications | Return to Search List
Search Completed | Title | third commercial high-solids AD facility of its kind in North America.
Original File Name Searched: ucdprofilewebversion.pdf | Google It | Yahoo | Bing
Text | third commercial high-solids AD facility of its kind in North America. | 001
UC Davis READ BioDigester READ (Renewable Anaerobic Digester) Commissioned December 2013
Designed and built by CleanWorld, using innovative, proprietary anaerobic digestion (AD) technology developed and patented at the University of California, Davis (UCD), the UCD BioDigester represents a unique public-private partnership, enabling the university and its surrounding region to be a direct recipient of the many economic and environmental benefits of
this third commercial high-solids AD facility of its kind in North America.
Made possible by technology invented by Dr. Ruihong Zhang, a UC Davis researcher and professor, READ was commissioned in January of 2014, and built to completion in less than six months. It represents CleanWorld’s third commercial AD facility in less than two years. CleanWorld’s digesters are pre-fabricated, value-engineered, modular-by-design, and require minimal additional water for solid waste digestion - making the system less expensive, quicker to build, and smaller by its footprint.
• Gives the university an environmentally and economically sound alternative for disposing of organic waste.
• Generates 5.6 GWh of renewable electricity and diverts 20,000 tons of organic waste from local landfills annually.
• Reduces greenhouse gas emissions by 13,500 tons annually, as well as produces over 4 million gallons of fertilizer and soil amendments
– enough to provide low cost, natural fertilizers for 145 acres of California’s farmlands every day.
• The university is a significant partner for testing the benefits of its digester effluent, which strengthens the opportunities for commercial
applications of the nutrient byproducts of its AD facility and organic waste streams.
Project and Technology Innovation:
• The high loading rate and high-solid digestion capability of CleanWorld’s BioDigester technology make it particularly beneficial to institutional, commercial, and municipal solid waste producers.
• The processing system design – a patented three-stage proprietary system – allows for the higher rate capability and a greater yield of methane, among many competitively unique processing benefits.
Image | third commercial high-solids AD facility of its kind in North America.
|Capstone Turbine For Sale - Microturbine C30 C65 C200 C600 C800 C1000 - Go to microturbine website|
Search Engine Contact: email@example.com